If you’ve ever had a flood in your basement, you know how important it is to have a sump pump installed in your basement.
Anywhere it rains, it can flood. Just because you haven’t experienced a flood in the past, doesn’t mean you won’t in the future. Flood risk isn’t just based on history, it’s also based on a number of factors: rainfall, river-flow and tidal-surge data, topography, flood-control measures, and changes due to building and development.
A sump pump can save you thousands of dollars and is priceless in terms of the peace of mind it can bring you. The main question many people ask when given this advise is “How Does a Sump Work”?
The goal of this site is to provide you with useful information and tips on how a sump pump works, as well as tips on installation and more.
Wayne Portable Transfer Water Pump
Wayne PC2 115-Volt 340 GPH Portable Transfer Water Pump, Bronze features a little and powerful water pump that uses a power supply of 115 Volts. This lightweight and portable pump will be efficient if used in your household pumping problems. It removes water down to 1/8 inch height of water. Included in the package is a threaded discharge so it can be connected to a standard garden hose.
- Heavy-duty bronze plated pump housing for durability
- Portable pump for household and utility applications
- Removes water down to 1/8-inch of surface when water suction attachment is connected
- Pumps up to 310-gallons of water per hour
- Discharge threaded to accept standard garden hose
Sump pump state that the water pump Wayne PC2 is ideal for any household or utility water pumping problems. This is a must-have in every household because it comes in handy when your basement is suddenly flooded or if you need to drain your fountain
Pros: The pump is very little and lightweight but it can effectively do its job. This is quick in transporting water because it has in and out connectors for a garden hose unlike other pumps that only have an intake opening. According to some sump pump reviews, the additional water suction attachment is very effective in pumping out water from a tank to a point that it seems almost empty. It is also fast in pumping out water even if it is small.
Cons: Some customers claim that the impeller of Wayne PC2 pump can easily burn up if the pump runs dry. But this could always be prevented if you don’t leave your pump while it is running. You don’t have to worry about keeping watch of the pump for long hours because it can easily finish the household pumping problems. The suction attachment must be sealed firmly because there are times that the suction is easy .
GOULDS Submersible Sump Pump
A lot of things need to be considered when looking for an ideal sump pump to address all your domestic water pumping needs of the basement.
There are a number of incredible features to talk about in this sump pump by Gould Pumps. First of all, it is about the manufacturing of the system which is by the stainless steel material.
The other types of material that are involved in the interior construction of the product are plastic and rubber which are very adequately used.
It is silver in color and has a reasonably resourceful motor of 0.33 HP. The outlet connection size is of 1.25 inches and the outlet connection type that is used is the NPRT thread with a NPT connector of course.
The overall height of the unit is 12 inches and the overall width is 7 inches which makes it a nice compact system but a reasonably powerful one for a number of needs of pumping water at home.
This electrical motor type uses 115 volts and has the upper limit of temperature to be at 104 Degree Fahrenheit.
The maximum feet of the head is 21 and the sump pump has got the ability to chuck out 36 gallons of water from the basement in one minute.
- The performance is the main thing to look after first and this has a good quality 0.33 hp motor which is reliable to perform over a long time. It has the capacity to deal with the chucking of 36 gallons of water per minute.
- The stainless steel built of the system makes it totally corrosion or rust resistant. You can easily place it into the places where there is a frequent accumulation of water and where it has to be used on a constant basis. The body of the sum pump and the metal used in its manufacturing makes it completely resistant to corrosion caused by water and it would be a durable pump for you to use and make it a long term investment.
- The system as a whole is lightweight, easy to install, easy to service and portable. So no worries associated with it use.
- The ball bearing construction of the product at the upper and lower parts is of heavy duty material which endorses the reliability of the sump pump.
- The exceptional performance of the platform is complemented by the glass filled thermoplastic type of casing and the impeller.
- The 1/ 3 HP of motor cannot be ideal for extremely heavy rain-hit areas due to its limited capacity.
- There has been some issues find with the clogging of the limited size hose.